Thread: FNG from TX
View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2010, 12:00 PM   #14
ejunk81
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Update: She was about 300 miles each way, but after almost 9 hours of driving I've got an 09 Ninja 250 sitting in my garage. Sunbeam Red w/ 2400 miles. And as an added bonus, I found out once I got there that the previous owner already had lowering links on it!

OldGuy - You're absolutely right about about the epiphany I had about the cost of getting into riding! Luckily, I'm blessed to have great, responsible friends who ride and are pointing me in the right direction in getting good starter gear.

Gloves: AlpineStars SP-1 that a buddy gave me
Jacket: Power Trip Mojave. Not the Icon Accelerant Perf that I wanted, but it looks to be a decent starter for now.
Boots: None yet. Looking for boots that are business casual appropriate, or something that I can just throw in my bag when I get to the office.
Helmet: Going to a couple cycle shops in the area today to try a few on. In the meantime I'll be looking through the site for suggestions/reviews.

MSF is this coming weekend so I'm well on my way. I'll post some pics of my new toy tonight if all goes well
ejunk81 is offline   Reply With Quote