View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2010, 04:40 AM   #17
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
However, only one of the characters was ever done with an Asian actor in the series.
Just curious where you get this info. There's about 19 Asian voice actors in the cartoon series.
Also, going by the characters names alone, they are all Asian. The intro has chinese writing on it, the martial art styles these use are mostly northern shaolin Kung Fu and tai chi (water tribe). Also, I'm not sure if you've watched any "real" anime, but generally none of the characters will have black/brown eyes even though the characters are Asian. I haven't watched the movie and don't care who they cast for it, but the characters of the cartoon are definitely meant to be Asian.
FYI, I'm Asian with green eyes and I've dated someone Asian with hazel eyes. Not the norm, but I've met many Asians with light colored eyes (I also know many Asians over 6 ft tall).
Also as a side note, voice actor =/= character played. Two prime examples are Cleveland from the Cleveland show is voiced by a Caucasian character and Bart Simpson is voiced by a female.
Posted via Mobile Device
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote