View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2017, 08:11 PM   #12
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawinoob217 View Post
So as it turns out, I didn't solve the problem. I did the aforementioned items with the gas cap and spark plugs, but that hasn't fixed the problem. Cruising along at 50mph with the throttle maybe at about 35%, I still feel power cutting in and out. As you can see from my profile photo, I don't have a windshield, and so when it's really windy, it gets worse. I'm wondering if this is due to my needle height in the carb? I'm guess I'm asking you guys to tell me if this is a bad assumption to make based on the evidence I have. From what I've read, 35% throttle is in the ballpark of percentage where the carb is switching from pilot jets to the mid-needles. Along with the larger main jets that I installed, I put in the needles with adjustable e-clips. I'm guessing that when switching to the needles, the needles are seated too deep which starves fuel and causes me to run lean. Is this logical troubleshooting thought?
Adjustable jet needles? I didn't know you could do that. Anyway, drop the "E" clip one notch - might work. #112 main jets should be plenty big enough. I run #110s.

Bill