View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2020, 07:52 PM   #7
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_michele View Post
I have everything hooked up the way it shows in the diagram, as far as I know...
EXCEPT:
1. I don't have a hose connected to the top of the vacuum switch valve thing and I don't even know if one would fit, it pretty much butts right up to the frame.
2. The box under the tank with the wire/plug coming out of it. (I assume it's for the fuel gauge) Looks like there is supposed to be a hose connected to it but there's not.
1. Can you take & post photo of "vacuum switch valve thing"? Maybe it's mounted improperly.

2. The little funnel under tank is for fuel-level sender. If it starts leaking, the funnel & hose directs dripping petrol down to ground near shock like other vent/drainage hoses. Wouldn't want leaking petrol falling onto hot engine!

3. Do you have BOTH vacuum-ports on carbs plugged into something (no open hoses)? One should go directly to petcock. Other should go directly to coast-enricher. CA has T-fitting on that line that should go to vacuum-port for PAIR valve. Do not leave that T-fitting open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_michele View Post
I had already taken the carbs off and they looked good but I cleaned them anyway, used a wire to make sure all of the little holes on the jets were clear, the floats moved freely, butterfly's weren't sticky. Drilled out the caps to access the set screws, set them out 2.5 turns.

I can get the bike started and running. The problem is that right after I start it, the revs will start to climb. If i open the throttle, the revs will drop and it responds the way it should until I let off and then they drop a little but then start to climb again until I just shut it off.

*The idle is not high when I start the bike.
*The idle adjustment on the carb does not touch this no matter how much I adjust it.
*I did just replace the throttle cable(the old one was freyed so bad it wouldn't return on its own) but this was happening before I changed it. It's not pinched or hung up anywhere and it makes no difference.
*The revs "climb" on their own smoothly. The throttle is not stuck open.
*The fuel petcock seems to be working just fine.

I'm thinking it's a vacuum/air leak OR I have a hose hooked up incorrectly...any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Could be vacuum leaks, look at rubber manifolds between carb and head. Might need to remove carbs completely and remove those manifolds to look for cracks.

Most likely not as leaks there cause high-idle speed immediately due to extra air. Slow increase in idle-speed is carb issue. Most likely idle & pilot circuits not fully clean. Needs lots of scrubbing with nylong brushes, ultrasonic soaking and micro soda-blasting to really get them back to factory-fresh showroom clean. Search for "ducatiman clean carbs" for photos and procedures to do thorough restoration.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote