View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2020, 01:17 PM   #10
amanda_michele
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 05 GSX-750R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
1. Can you take & post photo of "vacuum switch valve thing"? Maybe it's mounted improperly.

2. The little funnel under tank is for fuel-level sender. If it starts leaking, the funnel & hose directs dripping petrol down to ground near shock like other vent/drainage hoses. Wouldn't want leaking petrol falling onto hot engine!

3. Do you have BOTH vacuum-ports on carbs plugged into something (no open hoses)? One should go directly to petcock. Other should go directly to coast-enricher. CA has T-fitting on that line that should go to vacuum-port for PAIR valve. Do not leave that T-fitting open.

Could be vacuum leaks, look at rubber manifolds between carb and head. Might need to remove carbs completely and remove those manifolds to look for cracks.

Most likely not as leaks there cause high-idle speed immediately due to extra air. Slow increase in idle-speed is carb issue. Most likely idle & pilot circuits not fully clean. Needs lots of scrubbing with nylong brushes, ultrasonic soaking and micro soda-blasting to really get them back to factory-fresh showroom clean. Search for "ducatiman clean carbs" for photos and procedures to do thorough restoration.

Okay, so I had to walk away from it for a few days because I'd been trying to figure it out for so long that my brain just wasn't actually processing any of this info anymore. However, before I did, I attached a hose to the fuel-level sender and routed it out towards the rear shock.

Then I made sure that both of the vacuum connections were hooked up to something.
1. RS carb vac - Coasting enricher
2. LS carb vac - T - Petcock
T - PAIR Valve

...and somewhere in trying to figure out what was causing the problem(which didnt happen) I found out that if I disconnect the vacuum from the petcock, the bike runs fine.....for about a minute or two until it runs out of fuel....

anyway...yesterday as @ducatiman suggested, I decided to verify the hose config to the diagrams and ended up taking all the hoses off and putting them back on one by one just to make sure they were connected per the diagram, which they had been and then proceeded to try to show my husband what it was doing....AND THE DAMN THING STARTED AND RAN JUST FINE!!!

I don't even know what to think at this point but it hasn't done it since so I'm just going to hope it fixed itself somehow....unless anyone has an idea on what would cause this ^^

Thank you both for your help, it is so much appreciated
amanda_michele is offline   Reply With Quote