View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2018, 04:59 PM   #4
Larbronson
Larbronson

Name: Lawrence

Motorcycle(s): 07 ex250f

Hey guys thanks for the replies.

Definitely gas, I left the fuel cock on while I was at work. I checked my gas level before I left the house to work and had half a tank. After work , it had a little puddle when I went to start it, that's kinda normal (I'll explain later). But I did my normal hard to start routine...... bike didn't even attempt to fire. I look down and there's a gas puddle past my rear tire And fuel pouring out underneath my foot pegs.so naturally I think it's the overflow tube so I shut the petcock off. Wait a few minutes and the puddle was bigger and fuel is still pouring down. I pull the overflow tube and it's dry , look way underneath and fuel was coming out where the muffler is clamped to the header on the right side and just before the muffler on the left. Look inside my tank and it was almost dry. ( live 3.6 miles from work).....

So MAYBEEEE.....my overflow PORT is plugged, floats stuck and, vacuum line to petcock pinched and fuel filled the cylinder for 8 hours. When I went to start it pushed all the fuel out of the cylinders into the exhaust. And have excellent oil rings because I only have oil in my crankcase no gas.

Last futzed with by Larbronson; February 27th, 2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: More to the story.
Larbronson is offline   Reply With Quote