View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #1
eddyble
ninjette.org member

Name: Edward

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Fork Seal is Stuck

Hey Guys,

I've changed my fork seals a couple times before and had no troubles what so ever. However, this time the fork seal is incredibly stuck and no amount of slide hammer action has made it budge (more than 1 hours worth). The silvery part also gets stuck at the top of its range when i pull really hard (probably because all the oil has drained out and it's dry as a desert in there).

I used the search function and nothing of this nature has come up. I know there is a trick with a long ass bent screw driver which you shove down through the bottom but i don't have one of those and i don't think that would work for the ninjette.

I've also tried heat (heat gun) to try to make the seal a bit more malleable but that hasn't worked either...

Anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?

*EDIT SOLUTION*

Turns out the issue was that the fork bushing (44065A) was stripped to hell. I don't even know how it happened... All i know is it required a vice, Lots of elbow grease and lots of regular grease (WD40). I had to take it into a shop to get it done as i didn't own a vice and pulling outwards against myself just wasn't working (now i see why).

Yeah.... I don't even....

Last futzed with by eddyble; October 21st, 2013 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Problem Solved, ease of search for people with similar issue
eddyble is offline   Reply With Quote