View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2019, 06:26 PM   #8
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Well, here's the way it eventually happened: I did all of the Fuel Injection system refurbishing and updating of the bike just as I'd intended to do.

-re-wired entire FI portion of bike's wiring harness (better, neater, more logical and functional)
-replaced the Microsquirt V2 ECU I used in the original FI build-up with the new and improved Microsquirt V3
-re-installed the bike's original airbox (ditched the K&N 0990 filter pod which never performed as well as the original airbox)
-built and installed a two-MAP-sensor Arduino Nano-controlled Intake Air pressure sensor circuit (one MAP sensor in each cylinder intake)
-relocated battery-box portion of airbox to make room for FI fuel pump

Plus (not FI related items):
-removed the bike's original shunt-type Regulator/Rectifier and installed a MOSFET-type Regulator/Rectifier
-replaced clutch with 2009 Next-Gen EX250 unit (new friction plates too)
-replaced oil screen cover with Next-Gen EX250 "deep sump" cover/drain
-re-covered the seat with new cover (better design, carbon-weave look)
-replaced all lights with LED (headlight, turn signals, brakes, instrument)
-swapped original turn signal flasher for an LED signal flasher
-got new tires installed

... but while I was doing the work I just wasn't in the mood to go the extra mile of documenting the work.

I was focused on getting the bike done so my daughter could start riding it. So I just got the work done without wasting any time. My daughter has been on the EX250 for over a year now. She doesn't ride it much, it's just something we occasionally do together but she enjoys it (it's good Daddy-Daughter time, which I really value).

Here's a picture of my daughter on the EX250 just after I got most of the work done.

Last futzed with by greg737; October 30th, 2019 at 07:39 PM.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote