View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #25
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

hi Eric,

realized that you would be the right person to ask;

so i changed my pistons to the 265cc, 12.5:1 compression from JE.

since ive changed them, i notice a stronger vibration when i go over 8~9k rpm.

below that rpm the bike actually drives as smooth as it was in the past. but passed that rpm i am quite sure that it is vibrating stronger, i feel it on my legs that rest on the fuel tank, my hands on the grips, and fingers on the levers and generally everywhere, lol!

ive asked the mechanic about it, and he said that because of the increased piston weight combined with increased compression, etc. it causes the added vibrations.

i am aware that you were running stock bore pistons in the past, but did you notice any increased vibrations between stock pistons, and the high compression JE pistons?

im contemplating to get them to take the engine apart again, to double check that everything is in working condition in there, before any catastrophic failures occur, lol

ive noticed that the exhaust sound is also a little different, but im assuming that would probably be from the higher compression ignition~

cheers,
W.