View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:45 AM   #19
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronjones239 View Post
Wikipedia showing the ninja 300 weighing in at 362 dry and 385 wet, not sure how accurate that is but it sounds close. I'll have the weight for both of mine tomorrow. We're finishing them up today. We found a pound cutting off the kickstand from the frame, another almost pound off the steering lock. Another 8oz cutting off just the lower half of the front stay, still need to cut the tabs off of it though.

If I remember right a 415 chain and sprocket kit weighs less than just the 520 factory chain alone. I'll have weight of a 415 134link today and get some other parts of the list updated.
I'm a little wary of putting a 415 chain on an endurance bike. I'd be spending more money on chains than tires during the season!

I cut off the part of the subframe that would support a passenger. Saved about 4 pounds there. Also the exhaust/passenger footpeg bracket. I removed most of the middle and just left enough meat around the threaded holes for bolting the exhaust bracket to it.

The sprocket carrier is way, way overbuilt. I'll have to figure out some way to make it lighter if I don't go aftermarket with the wheels.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote