Old September 1st, 2019, 01:02 PM   #6
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
$30K and 550 LBS also backed up with limited range. I dont recall exactly what the range is but I believe they said under 100 miles then 3 hours charge till the fun comes back on line. I like the looks of the bike but there needs to be an increase in the range before I could even consider it. I have a 100Mile each way commute to work and could not risk getting stuck with a lowbatt on the way to or from work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
$30K? 540 pounds?

No thanky...until the tech, design and marketing is refined, prices and weight lowered, I'll stick with my internal combustion version of 2 wheel fun.
You can say what you want, I'll I can say is go test ride one. It's free and they are fun. The lead and tail riders were very forgiving of hooliganizm. And I didn't stick around to see why, but the cops showed up after we got back from the 4th demo run of the day.

I've ridden plenty of liter plus sport bikes, used to own a CBR1100XX. The Livewire accelerates like nothing I have ever ridden. Traction control and ABS is very well sorted out. My 1200 Sportster is over 500 lbs and the Livewire feels much much lighter, it balances very well.

At $30K I'm not buying one either, but if you compare Harley's to Japanese bikes they are anywhere from about %15-%45 more expensive. Compare the Livewire to something like a Zero and it's right in the middle of that range depending on which Zero model you choose. Harley has marketed itself as a premium brand just like Ducati has.

The range is what it is, if you have a 100 mile one way commute it's probably not the bike for you. I have a 27-47 mile commute depending on which route I take.

If I had a spare $30K sitting around I would have one on order.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote