View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2019, 10:15 AM   #27
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

There might be something wrong with my math, but it really looks to me this electric motorcycle is pure bullshit.

I looked up those fast charging stations. They appear to charge something like $.35/minute.

I think I read it takes about and hour to fast charge a live wire. Man that works out to $21 dollars to go something like 70 miles at highway speeds. Cost per mile $.30.

My Harley Fatboy sucks lots of high octane gas, but I get around 30 miles per gallon.

Cost per mile $3.00 gas per gallon costs me 10 cents per mile. Three times the cost per mile, you can only go a third of the distance, your stuck at 60-70mph, then you have to wait an hour to charge. So drive an hour and wait an hour and spend three times to money.

Why are there so many roof tops covered with solar panels in New Jersey?
Maybe because they are government subsidized. If they had to be profitable you would see zero panels in New Jersey. NJ got a low sun angle and lots of cloudy days. Now Austin Texas different story, 320 sunny days a year.

Ok so I did not include oil and filters. BFD.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote