View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2011, 03:41 AM   #2
newboy17
ninjette.org newboy17

Name: robert

Motorcycle(s): 09 blue ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearlynotstefan View Post
I figured I would let my fellow ninjettes know of my step up, my reasoning, and how effin excited I am.

I'm picking up my used gsxr 600 this week. I am NOT a squid, I don't wheelie, and I speed within reason, because cmon, everyone speeds.

I prefer this bike to the others because it's the most comfortable for the performance, and because the bike is SO popular, it's fairly cheap on the used market due to the supply curve. I hate the association people have with gixxer riders!

My reasoning: I bought the 250 to learn on, and learn I did. I don't feel I've learned everything there is know about riding, and I feel like the day I do, is the day I'll wreck. BUT, I've clocked 8k miles on my 2fiddy. I've read all the best books (twist of the wrist1&2, total control) and I actively practice advanced technique. I know how to survive sand, mud, rain, etc with proper technique. I can drag knee (doesn't hurt being 6'5!) I've learned how to fix bikes. and perhaps most amazingly, I have never dropped the thing, even at a standstill (lesson: considering the MSF course? take it..)

The 250 is plenty fast, but I won't mind having a little more speed I'll tell you that. The reasoning is primarily driven by the fact that I'm 6'5 220 lbs, and this bike is just too small under me. At my size, the gsxr is the most comfortable bike in the class for me, and it doesn't look tiny under me like the 250 does, and due to the length of my arms, I'm not hunched uncomfortably over the tank eating instrument cluster, I'm actually pretty damn comfy on it! I test rode one and put 50 miles on it, opened it all the way up, and felt the power, and while I respect it, I'm confident in my ability to be safe on it
Having justified my purchase and hopefully cutting down on the flaming that might have ensued, I'd like to mention I CANT WAIT AHHHH

Also: I'm considering keeping my 250 as a commuter bike to still enjoy the 70mpg going back and forth to school every day, but I honestly question how often I'll ride it once I get the gixxer. Does anyone have experience here they'd like to contribute? Thanks!
hey i saw your ad on craigslist, im also in ny....
well i love my 250 i got an 09 blue, im 5'11 270pounds, and hey trust me i love my 250 and with a few mods i have done to it its pretty fast, but yes i see your point , you are just to tall for the bike, and yeah my 250 is my commuter so as of now $13-15 93oct to fill up my gas tank every 2 weeks , its just awsome.....
just sell it and get the gixxer you will not ride your 250 no more, im actually thinking about just keeping mine till next year and sell it when spring time comes around , you will get better deals on new bikes, or even use bikes a dealers or people trying to sell them .........,.
newboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote