View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #131
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Status 10 or so days in: Bike was a confirmed total, so working with insurance to cut me a check, quite happy with what we were finally able to settle at. Will likely use the $ not to replace the K1600GT with its twin, but instead a 2013 R1200RT like I had prior to the K. I'll miss the motor, but never was as comfortable or generally content with the new bike as I was with the RT. It will also be a more effective platform for the long-distance events coming up this year. I haven't picked it up already as there really isn't any space for it for the next week or two in the house due to long-planned renovations that we're having done this month, and our garage is packed full of the materials.

Me-wise, I'm feeling a bit better each day. For hitting the ground as hard and fast as I did, I was quite fortunate, and the gear did pretty much what it was supposed to do. My back is still very sore, but the doc is pretty confident that there isn't anything broken or otherwise in need of any surgical or other type of fix. It's just banged up, bruised, stiff, twisted, and generally going to be a pain for awhile. He thinks 4-6 weeks from now before everything's back to 100%, and even if it's on the long end, I'm OK with that prognosis.
Physiotherapists are very good with that sort of stuff, I don't know what the deal is with america and insurance or what not, but I got one here for a few weeks when I did my back in and it helped a lot in the long run.
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote