View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #1
09xxxr
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 09 kawasaki 250r

Question 500 or 650 motor swap???

ok so i know i have lots of plans 4 my bike and need 2 get started but im thinking on doing something completely different, with a different bike (still 250r) and just do the basics to my bike and just keep it and everyday rider and do my crazy mods to the project bike....

But back to my main topic, i am looking into getting a 250 frame with clear title, and either put the 500 or 650 motor in it, i know sportsi put in the 500 so its possible, but im thinking on the 650 for the fact of efi, becasuse i would like top make a complete custom stunt/everyday rider ( and when i say complete custom i mean exactly that) and efi for a stuntere is much better, i know i could get an efi conversion for the 500 and probably would for the stunter thing.

im not worried about body work fitment as i will be getting a faring set from tyga performance for the older 250 and mod it to fit the bike when done, but main plan is 08+ 250r frame, yamaha r6 usd swap, yamaha r6 swingarm swap, 500 or 650 motor, custom stunt cage, custom subcage, custom round bar, sprocket set (depending on motor changes set), rear set, rear handbreak clipons, ect.

Big question is ex500 with efi, or slightly smaller (dImension wise) 650 motor with stock efi.

this build will take a while and cost $$$$ and i know that most probily wont agree with what i wanna do to the 250 as alot would b changed, but i really want to break the limit as to what is possible in customizations, everything i want to do is possible especially with my knowledge of fab and mechanical skills, just looking for imput as to what the general people would like to see, and for the other top mechanics, fabricators to chime in and maybe bring up something i may have over looked....

Many thanks in advance, and if your going to bash, trash talk the project please dont post.