View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2015, 06:45 AM   #2
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Two notes

One: the 110 003RS front is not a tire I like. Even in good conditions and temps with the right pressures - the front just doesn't feel good to me. The 140 rear is a GREAT tire. I really really liked the 003Pro race DOT 120 front and the 003RS 140 rear. The rear tire wore great, gripped great, and never needed warmers. I ran the rear at 24-26 cold I think.

The front should have been decently close at around 28 lbs cold and doesn't need warmers. And at 7 or 8/10s it feels pretty good. But wick it up to 9-10/10s and it is squirmy and feels a bit unpredictable. If the A13 is anything like the other Dunlops then they are decently stiff carcass tires with a good deal of feedback and can be leaned on pretty hard - do that on the 110 RS and yeah ........

Just my $.02. I would buy a 140RS rear again in a heartbeat - I may not run a 110RS if someone gave it to me - not at race pace.

*quick edit* - it is also possible that the additional preload in the rear pushed the bike up on its nose a bit more and loaded the front more as well which would only add to the front tires concerns
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.