View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #7
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce71198 View Post
At that weight use the heaviest spring they offer. I'm 200 lbs all geared up and the .95 was a little on the stiff side but not over kill.

Thats for track use.
Judging from this I'm really thinking the 1.0 might be the way to go for me for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX113 View Post
I used Race Tech site to calculate my springs...
1.Riding Type Road Racing
2.Weight Units: lbs kg

3.Rider Weight (without gear): 195
4.Bike Weight (semi-wet): 305(default value from race tech)
I've lightened my bike some, but kept it at 300

This spit out .752 kg/mm... So I'm using the .75 spring w/ 10mm pre load. Also using their emulators. The front feels very good to me, but take that for what it's worth.

As far as what fork oil weight and height I used there recomedations as well.... below
Fork Oil (USF05=5w, OSFO 10=10w, US2=10w, US3=15w) OSFO 15 1 qt/liter required Recommended Oil Level 140mm
FYI their rear spring suggestion for me is:

REAR SHOCK SPRINGS
Recommended Shock Spring Rate: 9.035 kg/mm (use closest available)
Stock Shock Spring Rate: 9.3 kg/mm (stock)
15wt fork oil? Really? From what I've read, cartridge type forks typically use a light weight oil, is that not the case for emulators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPepper64 View Post
Just a thought, we are installing new springs for my 250 right now and when looking at Race Tech, the weight I was supposed to put into the calculator was without gear. Could that be causing part of the problem?
It could be the problem, I've tried several different combinations, all of which yield an even lower spring rate for me lol. I definitely don't think I'm anything less than a 0.9 on the spring rate for sure.