adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
I was going to get a Ninja 400 but...

... then this happened.

This year I concluded that my GSX-R750 (which I really do like) is just the wrong bike for the use to which it is put. I decided that I need a more practical street bike.

Since starting to ride on the track, I really notice how much I have to hold back. I never, EVER come close to using the GSX-R's potential. And since I'm at the track several weekends a year, the riding I do for fun has fallen way off. I do recreational rides on the street maybe five or six times a season. All the rest is commuting.

And let me tell you... droning along at 35 mph looking at the ass-end of an Audi SUV is not the proper place for a GSX-R or any other supersport.

I was just going to strip the racy bits off the bike, take it up to my local Kawi dealer and trade it in on a new Ninja 400. Done and done. But then a well-known motorcycle journalist with whom I have a passing acquaintance heard that I was going to unload the Suzuki and suggested a trade.

I couldn't say no. This bike has had the full works done by GMD Computrack. I got to ride it on the track at Palmer last weekend and it's SWEET.

If I could have only one bike, it'd be a supersport because the track is what floats my boat. But I've got a dedicated track bike, so that opens the door to having a proper street bike.

Looks like my return to the ranks will be delayed for a little longer.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.