View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2023, 03:35 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

New Chapter

Nothing motorcycle related for sure.

I have been in IT for years, since '18. Did a ton while I was in the group. Luckily I proposed an idea for an application to be used at work, to log visitors to our datacenter.

This gave me the chance to code an application. This application logged the data we required for our auditors.

I coded a solution in a version of JavaScript. I got to learn 100% full stack development. Every aspect from the backend server stuff, all the way to what the user sees on the screen. This taught me a TON about programming. Even got me so familiar with Linux, where I took an older laptop and installed a verion of Linux on it as my "main computer".

Long story short, it opened up a chance for me to interview with out dev team. Needless to say, here I am, a year later, and waiting for the transfer into my Dev department, where I will be a software developer.

I am so stoked! It has been a long time coming! I should be moving before the end of the month. Just waiting on paperwork to be processed, and them I will finally be moving from a network systems administrator role to a software developer.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote