View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:11 AM   #1
cbzdel
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250/2013 Ninja 300

Install Block Off Plate On The 300

I have the M4 Full Exhaust System with the Area-P tuner. I am getting some popping on deceleration (the same both pre and post tuner). I ordered up a block off plate for the 250R. First of all it did not fit, the holes are not spaced the same, its about 1/8" difference, I am sure I could file it down to fit though.

On the 300, the system is the hose at the engine, the hose at the air box with a valve in the middle, the valve has 2 electrical plus on it, and one small vacuum line looked up to the left side throttle body..

So all I did since it was a trial, was unhook the hose at the engine side, block it off with a rubber cap. Unhooked the hose at the air box and block it off with a rubber cap. I left all the hoses and electrical connectors in place, as well as the hose on the throttle body, I figured leaving that all in place would be fine for just the trial run.. Then I started it up. It ran just fine no warning lights or anything, the exhaust was noticeably stronger smelling though..

Took it for a ride, and it was EXACTLY the same as before same popping on deceleration. It was like I did nothing other than create a smellier exhaust..

Any input on whats going on here?
cbzdel is offline   Reply With Quote