VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
The interview was awful. Some highlights

4. They were unable to tell me either their sales goals or their previous sales numbers

7. They offered me the job, sales job, for $10 an hour plus 15% of commission and said that I'd make 70k but were not able to provide me with anyone's actual salary or any actual numbers of actual units sold

So I ran away really really really REALLY fast.

Also I wore jeans which was a good call because I felt overdressed even in that.
Every sales manager I have ever met had a spreadsheet or whiteboard with unit sales totals. It was pretty much a public competition between the salespersons to see who could sell the most. While I could see that maybe the actual dollars of sales and individuals pay are proprietary they should have been able to say "Bob sold 23 bikes last month, Jerry sold 15, Ralph sold 2....."

Sounds like running away was a good plan. But at least you got to work on your interview skills. Make some notes on what worked and didn't work in the interview so you will be better prepared for the next one. The interview while awful was valuable as a learning experience.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote