View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2017, 08:51 AM   #44
RcTechnologies
ninjette.org member

Name: Russ

Motorcycle(s): '12 EX250JC

JacRyann and ninjabraap have by far the most valuable input here.

From my experience, the bike in stock form was able to outperform both my physical and mental capabilities for over a year. This means the bike was able to maneuver faster than my body was capable of steering, with my arms, and mind.

It wasn't until I intentionally sought out the limits of the bike (by the laws of physics) knowingly and willfully crashing it in a closed course, that I realized what the 250R can do. Most specifically, u-turns >30mph, and almost nose bleed handling on extremely tight mountain roads. At the end of the day, the only question to answer is "Am I willing to risk death attempting to find the limit of this machine?"

Do note this is while in "stock form". The pics are in my photo albums and can be viewed by all ninjette.org members.

I hope to save your life OP with this sentence : Take the "journey" slowly and savor every day of it.

Finally, to exemplifly the mentality of upgrades, I will tell you the first upgrade I purchased was a 150 width rear tire. The concept was to eliminate the fear of rolling off the edge of the tire, as the 250R cannot mechanically/physically ride on the absolute edge of a 150 tire (youre on the fairings by then). Then it was rearsets to teach myself to lean that bike no matter what (to steer out of danger). You upgrade to teach yourself. Up to 90mph the bike WILL do more than you can tell it to. And at that speed, mistakes are...unforgiving

Live to ride again another day
RcTechnologies is offline   Reply With Quote