View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2016, 05:28 AM   #33
Yamahawk
Chaplain

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 75 RD350 race bike, 82 XZ550RJ Vision, 81 XV920RH, 89 VTR250 Interceptor race bike, 06 Concours, 86 EX250E1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOmoplata View Post
So to summarize, I need a newgen:

-wheel
-rotor
-caliper
-line
-pads
-axel
-spacer fabricated

?

I may do this swap, too.
You need those things, your stock EX250 axle and caliper can be used, along with stock pads, line, etc. Your speedo drive should be useable also. I cannot attest to the newgen wheel, but it should be the same as the EX500 94-09 wheel's spacing. You would have to try it yourself to see. The EX500 wheels are pretty easy to find, and a lot cheaper than the newgen EX250J wheels, too. The rear is easy to adapt, just weld a tab on the swing arm at the correct spot, aligning the slot in the EX500 caliper bracket with it. You also use the EX250 spacer on the chain side. The front wheel is a little bit more, with the adaptor bracket needed for the caliper, or machining the caliper mounting tabs on the inside for precise caliper location on your stock rotor.