View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2152
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Just got done putting the bike back together.

Those float bowl screws are a bitch to get to and I managed to lose one, good thing I had spares. Found out that I was running 106 mains and I think dynojet needles at the 3rd groove. Threw in the FP recommended 112 main and put in the FP needles (they had a visibly different taper than the DJ needles) on the 3rd groove. Previous owner also drilled the vacuum slides.

I couldn't for the life of me get the idle mixture screws to exhibit symptoms of being rich (idle, blip, RPMs drop below idle and rise back to idle). I turned both screws in and the idle dropped and I got the hanging blip, then I turned them both in and backed each out 2.5 turns and it seemed to be fine to me, the idle didn't hang nor did it drop below. I even turned them each out about 3 turns and it still responded fine.

Going to give it a couple of pulls before the end of today to see if I can feel any differences between the 106 and 112 mains. The mains that I had in there just had 106 on them with no other markings so I have no clue what brand jets they are. The biggest main jet that comes with the FP Stage 3 kit is the 115 so if I experience a lean top-end I might switch it out for that.

EDIT:

Just did a highway onramp pull and definitely noticed a difference between the 106 and 112 main jets. 2nd and 3rd gears seemed to disappear by how hard the bike pulled on the top end. 3k-7k felt "meh" to me, although I'm not sure how hard the bike should pull in that rev range because I'm used to leaving the bike at 7k usually. Going to leave the jetting the way it is for the remainder of the week and do a plug check next weekend. Also, I found that the throttle response is a lot crisper when blipping and downshifting.

Last futzed with by menikmati; September 5th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote