View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2009, 01:43 PM   #19
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz1985 View Post
Tim that is quite the list. While it is good to be prepared I don't think he will need any of that. It is a good idea to have the tire patch kit, but most of that will not be needed.

I do 200+ mile rides pretty frequently, and there is no problem at all with the bike. Your butt will probably feel it but seeing as you are taking backroads (or at least not interstate highways) you will probably be moving around a little bit more and won't feel it as much. Take rests when you need them (I usually stop once on a 200 mile trip, but have done it without stopping), and take your time and enjoy the ride.

Do as Alex said and take a couple preliminary rides to get yourself used to that much time on the bike. It also might be a good idea to do this without the distractions of the GPS (if you can, I know some people can't) and the ipod, especially on roads you have never seen before. You might think it will be boring, but you will be suprised how many of life's questions you will be able to answer
ya I don't know US geography so I assumed it was a multi-day trip... My list is definitely exhaustive but meant for my tour across the continent
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote