View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Email issues - rDNS

Hi all -

I've been getting more notifications recently that people haven't been able to sign up (by not receiving their registration emails), but it's strange in that it looks like most of them work fine. But some don't, and the people are adamant that the emails aren't sitting in a spam bucket somewhere. Running some tests with the aol.com mailserver troubleshooting page, it looks like there are/were issues with this ninjette.org server. I had thought that rDNS (reverse-DNS) was set up correctly, but apparently not. I believe it is fixed now, so in a couple hours those mailservers that were blocking us due to bad rDNS, should start allowing more (all) mail through to their users.

I'm hoping it means more successful new registrations. I'm thinking that it might mean that some folks who have been signed up here for awhile, might notice new emails coming from ninjette.org that they hadn't seen before. (thread notifications, PM's, etc.). Please let me know if you do happen to see any different behavior over the next few days...

- Alex

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote