View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2023, 01:23 PM   #5
Julian mustofa
ninjette.org member

Name: Julian

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Starter-solenoid is in proper location, under cross-bar that supports rear of petrol tank.

Does your headlight turn on with key ON, or only after you've cranked engine and it's running? PO may have bypassed Diode B to make headlights turn on with key.

Ok, if all 4 winkers work properly, then there may be wiring problem after signal switch. Note there are TWO T-junctions after winker signal leaves switch. First splits signal to front & rear winkers. Second splits signal between front winkers and clock's signal indicator. We'll test 2nd junction to make sure signals are split properly.

2. trace L/R winker wires out of signal-switch to 2nd T-junction. Undo tape here to find 3-way crimp for each side. Are all 3-wires connected?

- set signal-switch to LEFT, measure voltage at grn wire junction, does meter show blinking signal?
- set signal-switch to RIGHT, measure voltage at gry wire junction, does meter show blinking signal?

3. trace L/R winker wires from 2nd T-junction to clocks, nothing broken? Remove indicator bulb.

- set signal-switch to LEFT, measure voltage at grn wire at bulb-socket, does meter show blinking signal?
- set signal-switch to RIGHT, measure voltage at gry wire bulb-socket, does meter show blinking signal?

You may notice there's no ground for indicator bulb. It goes through other side's bulb for ground. Do you have LED winkers in front? It may be problem since higher resistance of LED may lower current-flow too much to light up indicator bulb.

If you get blinking signal at each grn & gry wire at bulb socket, then that's issue. Look up "indicator diode" mod to add 3rd-wire to indicator bulb for dedicated ground. Or put OEM incandescent winker bulbs back in front and indicator will work properly again.
-Sorry, i mean starter curcuit relay (near battery negative terminal) is missing. not starter relay. Even tough the bike start no problem. Does it okay without that starter circuit relay?

-Yes the headlight just turned on by ignition key (before i cranked the engine). Does bypassing the diode make it worse? Because i just notice the headlight fuse was somewhat swolen. It’s not blown yet tough and still pass continuity test

-ok i’am gonna strip the bike to perform this wiring test.
I give update soon when i found the problem

-yes it use led front turn signal also
Julian mustofa is offline   Reply With Quote