LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsh23815 View Post
Need help assessing the problem.
On my ride to school last week I was running a little late so I was riding a little faster than I normally do. About 5 minutes from school traffic come to a complete stop. After a couple of mile's negotiating the traffic i notice that the rpm's are not right. Normally riding at 70mph the rpm's are right around 8500, now they were at 9500-10000 to go the same speed. Since im running late for my final i just park the bike and head to class. On the way home the rpm's where still a little off but not as bad and as i got closer to home they seemed to be back to normal. When i get home i take a look at the oil gauge and the oil level seemed to jump up from when i checked it in the morning. Also the oil has a pretty good smell of gasoline. The coolant level has'nt changed, thats why i suspect gas. Does anyone know what the issue could be? The bike is a 2012, has 3,500 miles on it. I just changed the oil on it at 3000 miles.

here is a pic of the oil:

my oil looks and smells the same what ended up being wrong with yours, I also have 2012 with rpm issues. Have no idea what's wrong
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote