View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2018, 09:37 AM   #1
Jpc647
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250 , 2005 SV650, 2003SV1000

New To Me 2007 Ninja 250

Hey Guys, I recently picked up a 2007 Ninja 250 for my girlfriend to learn to ride on.

It doesn't run very well. It seems down on power. It doesn't spit or sputter at all, but it's slow to accelerate, even in nuetral it revs slow. Like probably takes 3 seconds to rev to 10k rpms, and then comes down slow. If your up past 7-8k rpms, and you pull the clutch in, if it gets down to like 2k rpms it would die.

I took the fuel filter out, and it was crushed and bent. I ended up getting a replacement one (Briggs & Stratton Fuel Filter, 5098K
SKU # 441374299). The bike doesn't seem to die and bog out if you pull in the clutch, but it's still really down on power. Like it tops out at 60/65 (WOT) and if you go up a hill it feels like it's losing power. The bike slows down to about 55mph.

I figure next, I'll take the carbs off and spray all through them. How far do they have to be disassembled? I talked to the previous owner, it sat for 2 years before the guy I bought it from had it. He had he put conditioner in it, and the tanks looks perfect on the inside.

Is there a carb rebuild tutorial? I assume there's a generic rebuild kit I can buy with all the gaskets, etc? I read something on some page about an airbox mod, to make the carb removal much quicker, but I can't seem to find it again. Can anyone point me in the direction of that?
Jpc647 is offline   Reply With Quote