View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Electric Bark Collar

So since I've been on house arrest one of my damn dogs has been driving me crazy. She barks at everything and she has a really annoying earsplitting bark. She stops barking when I yell SHUTUP but she still will just go off and bark at everything. When I had to sleep downstairs in the beginning of my injury she would wake up and start barking AT ****ING NOTHING GARRRR.

So I looked into bark collars, read the reviews on amazon and I found one I liked. It's meant to stop incessant barking. The way it works, the first time the dog barks it will vibrate, alerting the dog to whats coming next. If the dog continues to bark then they get a shock on a scale of 2-7. It's not set off by other dogs barking, only by vibration from the dogs neck. I haven't had any issues with it shocking her when she's playing or growling, only when she barks.

Another thing thats nice about it is that it will only shock once every 15 seconds, so if the dog whimpers or whines from being shocked, that won't set off another shock. I read stories about dogs that would continue to whimper and get shocked over and over, I didn't want that. So I ordered this little gem.

It's been about a week and there is a huge improvement. She no longer barks when people come in the door, or she will bark once then stop. She has for the most part stopped barking at nothing. Occasionally she will hear something outside and go running yapping her head off, then she gets shocked, whimpers and runs back inside. I have to admit, when I hear here get shocked it makes me laugh. She is a really stupid dog and it took her quite a while to figure out Bark = Shock. But even the dumbest dogs can be trained. I still have the collar on her, I want to get her to stop barking at random noises as she wakes people up in the mornings.

It makes me laugh when she cries and whimpers from the shock because the shock is not bad at all. I have it set on 2 the lowest setting and I tested it on my self. I'd say its a little more than a static shock when you touch a doorknob. But man when she gets shocked she freaks the **** out, its hilarious. It's probably a good thing I didn't get the remote controlled shock collars, I'd hit that button just for the fun of it

The collar came with far too much slack, I had to cut it. I don't know what 20lb dog has a 30 inch neck but meh. I tested the collar on my chihuahua Ally, she will bark on command for treats. I put it on two, it shocked her and she kinda looked around like wtf was that? It seemed too mild so I put it on 4 and tried again. She freaked the hell out and ran off. So I decided since Sophie (the annoying one) is such a damn pussy, (she will yelp if you raise your hand at her and don't even touch her) 2 oughta be enough. I would have tested it on Doug the bigassfukin boxer but I had already cut the collar

Anyway, here is the link to a fantastic little training device. If you neighbors complain about your dog barking when your not home you can rest safe knowing this will keep the dog quiet but will not harm them or scare them too much. http://www.amazon.com/Dogtra-Collar-...041506&sr=8-11

Here is a video of the annoying little runt annoying my dog. Eventually he gave up trying to get her out of his face and just tried to sleep.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Is @SafetyPaws gna yell at me?

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote