View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2017, 08:52 AM   #1
Spaghettiknight
ninjette.org member

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ninja 250r

Talking Recommendations for my 01'?!

Hello all! My name is Austin and i very recently bought a 2001 250r and have some questions and am seeking advice on some cosmetic parts on my bike.

I bought the bike for 500 missing the front fairings and with some scratches and dents, but the bike only had 1800 miles on it and was always maintained/winterized (I live in Minnesota) and it ran perfectly so my purchase was mostly based on the drive train condition.

That being said the bike isn't in that rough of shape cosmetically, few scratches on the sides and a few minor dents in the gas tank. there is one larger dent in the tank that id like to try to fix. I was thinking the plunger puller method might work where you buy a tool and try to pull the dent out. the front fender is scratched and cracked, I was thinking about just using some bondo to hold the crack better. I'm not going to worry about any of the scratches for now. if anyone has done anything that i'm thinking of or has any ideas please let me know.

The other thing I want to change is the front end. it came with this aftermarket headlight/mini-fairing universal piece that you'll see in the photos. its not my favorite looking but the bulb is bright and it has built in LED side blinkers which is a requirement here in Minnesota. I don't mind the look but its not my favorite and the plastic is cheap and fading color, I either want to try and find a cheap paint or spray paint that matches the color of the bike or remove it. I do like the streetfighter look others have done on this site with the round headlights, but I also like the sportier look of the bike originally. the problem is all the universal headlights and fairings out there its hard to know if it would look good on the bike without buying it and I don't want to waste a lot of money on this peice. I was thinking possibly a squarish (rectangular with round edges, sort of like the stock headlight) headlight may keep the sport look while still having the naked bike, streetfighter feel aswell. If anyone has seen a headlight like this online or has one please link it here. I do have the stock headlight and may look into making a custom mount to use with no fairing.

The last thing I want to look into short term is getting a new gauge cluster that will fit with the streetfighter look but I will probably look through other threads for info on that as it seems to have been discussed alot here before.

Sorry for the long post and if there are already threads here covering anything i went over. I tried to read most of them but I am new to navigating this site and may have missed something, anyway i'm excited to have got this bike and joined such a great community here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ninjaPic1.jpg (78.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ninjaPic2.jpg (72.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ninjaPic3.jpg (79.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ninjaPicTank.jpg (30.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ninjaPicFender.jpg (42.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ninjaPicTop.jpg (60.5 KB, 8 views)
Spaghettiknight is offline   Reply With Quote