View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #1
joyspring
swell dude extraordinaire

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, streetbike), '08 Ninja 250R (yellow, racebike), '97 Yamaha TZ125 4JT

new member from So. Cal.

hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but not necessarily new to the Ninja 250R...

I purchased a used '08 250R in 2009, installed an Area P exhaust, Dynojet kit, Woodcraft clip-ons/rearsets with the intention of using it for the spec WSMC Cup series but then put 10k on it just commuting and travelling (two 1k+ mile holidays). Sold the bike to a Marine in '10 and then re-purchased it a year later and installed Bridgestone BT-003RS rubber and Hotbodies race cowlings.

Just completed my New Racer school a fortnight back and will do my New Racer race in June. The school was the very first time I had the 250R on the track and I absolutely love it, even compared to my other track day bike, a (fast but very expensive to maintain) '97 TZ125!

I'm 5' 1" and 100 lbs. so the 250R fits quite nicely. I have some issues handling bigger bikes - I've also got a '10 R1 that's been lowered (which killed clearance and handling) and RZ350s which are light but tall. As such, I'd like to have the 250R do double-duty as a racer and commuter (and hopefully find solutions to attendent problems i.e. - kickstand bracket).

My other bikes include the aforementioned TZ125, R1 and RZ350s, and a TT-R125 as well.

Looking forward to participating on this forum!

-Robert
joyspring is offline   Reply With Quote