View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2023, 08:18 AM   #116
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

this is the next morning.... I checked the coolant and it is up to the neck where I left it.
I am trying to think of how I can adjust the air screws the most accurately
when I had my bike shop decades ago I would just pop off the spark plug lead and then adjust the air screw on the other cylinder.... but that is near impossible to get the sparkplug leads off the plugs on the ninja.... maybe pull the coil wire would work ? just so that cylinder wouldn't fire ? Problem is I do NOT want to harm the ignition system
on it and I don't know if doing that would burn out the igniter or not ! so when in doubt DON'T ! LOL
I think I will just try to get the highest idle with the air screws again and leave it at that
....I may have to go back to stock pilot jets as I put in #40's trying to get the pilot circuit to react correctly. problem is I am not sure it changed anything ! so going back to stock pilot jets might be wise..... it worked before it should work now.... but then again it should have worked from the start as nothing was changed it was totally stock but it had a big flat spot in mid range.... 3 shims seemed to have fixed that portion
so taking everything else back to stock would seem prudent.
I dunno I will try adjusting the air screws again and see if I can get it to be snappy off
idle if so I will leave it alone !
Bob...