Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Yeah, just find the size pipe that will fit the portion where you now have the zip tie glued on.... sorry I forget what diameter pipe the is (1.5"?), but it was close.

bah... here's some pics instead.

I did this mod on the 08 250R (same thing applies to the pre-gen) with PCV pipe as pictured above. Mine is about 2/3 thick as KKIM pic. which is about 2 zipties. I think I'll take it apart (got another throttle tube of Ebay) and redo it with full thickness. I think it'll work...but I only use 1 pull throttle cable instead of 2. With the second cable in place, it'll bind. So I guess the trick is to remove the second cable. The second cable is there for backup in case the 1st one jams up..but that push cable isn't going to do anything I think if there other one "stuck"...test it out yourself..jam the other one with a plier or something preventing it from retracting...the "push" will do nothing. If anything, you can 1) hit the cut off switch button, or 2) grab the clutch or 3)turn off with the key.
Throttle cable failure without the second push cable is about 0.0001% so weight your risk/benefits wisely
I'm thinking of doing the same. I just found some precut PCV piping that fits the throttle tube perfectly.

So, how is the response so far? Better? The same? Have you come across any issues?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote