View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #136
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Congratulations on getting it running. Are you sure its a 16T and not a 15T? I heard that 16T sprockets don't fit.

I didn't follow you about the radiator bolts. Are you sure you didn't mean the front motor mount brackets. Anyhow, its definitely best to keep all three loose until they are all in - then torque them all at once.

I'm sure you put new oil in it. A lot of times salvage dealers drain it for shipment.

Question: What kind and where did you get your compression gauge? There aren't that many that will do a 10mm plug hole.
I got mine at harbor freight. Mine came w/ the right size. It's the smallest piece of the set. I also got my leakdown tester there which did not come with the right size so I have to use the compression tester's piece with it.

I'm having an issue now with starting the bike. I'll stop after riding for a period of time and it doesn't want to start. If I sit there and wait it will fire up again with a lot of choke. It died once while I was driving it at a low speed........ I hope it's not my jetting and I do suspect the battery might be going. If it doesn't start tomorrow before work and I jump it with my van's battery then I'm going to get it tested.
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng is offline   Reply With Quote