View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2019, 04:51 AM   #8
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
my 2 cents

well guys n gals another great ride is in the books. a bonus was i had to get up at 0200 and work 0300-0700 b4 the ride even started! brian from alaska via woodruff sc came in thurs, night and gantt showed up fri. morn. just to fill in the gaps, brian i met on the devil's whip ride back earlier this year when red bike developed major engine issues at a truck stop south of spartanburg. hell, he offered to tow me home if need be.(devil's whip ride is a good read)anyways we stayed in contact that's all that matters. we shoved off 0815 fri the 27th/sep.

goal: moonshiner 28 all the way from augusta to deal's gap

we picked up 28 after crossing the dam at clark's hill. slow going till we go north of anderson,seneca, and clemson. once ya get to wahalla the fun and intensity start to ratchet up. 28 is very twisty and technical. you have to be on your A game and many hairpin corners have no warning signs. we stopped by dry falls in highlands and were treated with a great view and walk bhind waterfall. nice

see the peeps down there?

a face only a mother could luv

ok back to the ride
made to franklin nc around 1300 and started headin toward fontana dam. got stuck bhind a road crew paint truck which cost us some serious time. 28 after franklin is quite twisty and good fun. arrived at deal's gap/tail of the dragon at 1515.

checked in removed all our luggage and gawked at all the trick rides. we suited up and made out runs on the dragon. gantt went first and i followed a couple min, later. godzilla 692 ran great, glad i bedded my new front pads the day before. the lectron carb was very crisp.

groms were takin over

sweet thruxton R

nice honda

don't piss off the dragon!

couple of harley guys

old suzuki gs1100!

the 3 amigos gettin our buzz on after the rides.we swapped bike stories until midnight b4 exhaustion hit us like a freight train

nice shower curtain lol!

yup i had a buzz and being up at 0200 that morn amped it to 11. or maybe it was the crazy bike stories?

return ride to home
we took us129 south to marble nc, headed south on nc 141, picked up us64 and headed east to hayesville were we picked up nc69/ga515. dumped into us76 and headed for hiawassee. picked up ga17 at macedonia and headed south for home. went thru great twisties on 17 headin for alpine german town helen.

we split up at clarksville. gantt took 441 home and brian and me parted way at lavonia(he took i85 to greenville and back to home)
i continued on ga17 and took a detour onto ga77 and went thru hartwell and drove by georgia guidestones. made it home around 1645(we left deal's gap at 1015)
a great ride. hope to do it again

a footnote. i'm totally motard klr now and have closed the chapter on my redbike. i'm donating all my stuff to danno as he has a real passion for them. i luved it but the sticky mile wide torque has grabbed me and will not let go. peace out.