View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2019, 10:06 AM   #29
AbleOpus
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Often the wobble is due to gripping the handlebars too tightly under braking and having added pressure on the bars. This can be avoided by gripping the tank with your knees under hard braking (to prevent your body from sliding forward into the tank and also to help keep weight off the bars).

We have a special brake bike at the California Superbike School that allows our students to practice emergency braking. There are outriggers on the bike to prevent it from crashing so the students can practice locking up the front tire, first of all to get a sense of what that feels like and then to learn how to get maximum braking without locking up the front tire (and what to do if they do lock up the front tire.)

What would you say are the proper steps for emergency braking? And what should you do if you get a wobble, or lock up the front or rear tire?
I don't know if you saw my more recent reply but I stated that I mostly eliminated the wobble from straddling the bike more. There is still wobble while emergency braking downhill which I can probably correct.

I'd say: 1. Straighten bike and body, 2. Straddle tank hard, 3. Pull front brakes hard (not too rapidly for the first split second though).
AbleOpus is offline   Reply With Quote