View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2019, 11:42 PM   #28
Seirra117th
ninjette.org member

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha View Post
You mean all four signals come on at once, or just both on the left/right come on steady? All four is probably a wiring problem, two on the same side is fixed with either a new flasher relay that is designed to support LEDs, or resistors in parallel with the signals to increase the power draw. The OEM flasher relay requires a minimum amount of power running through it to make it cycle, and LEDs often don't draw enough.

Looks like those diodes are potted in a plastic housing, might be a lot of work to get those terminals out in a usable condition. One option is to jury rig the new diodes just to see if it solves your issue, and if it does to buy a new OEM diode assembly, I think they're about $40. Quite a bit more expensive though.

yep when i push left or right indicator all the blinkers come on steady.....front and rear.......prev owner had put led blinkers which i was thinking is the wiring problem......because the meter indicator lights dont come on either?

If you mean jury rig as in just solder in the diodes without the connector........if it blows again EASY CHEAP FIX until the shorts gone then replace with OEM......thats what i was thinkin of doing
Seirra117th is offline   Reply With Quote