Old May 9th, 2018, 10:14 AM   #20
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
When CA implemented helmet-law, about $150-mil was saved from budget in next couple years.

I'm all for freedoms as long as it's exercised responsibly and doesn't impose on other's freedoms as well. I would love to have unlimited speed-limits like many European countries or lack of helmet-laws like most of the world. But being the spoiled coddled brats we are, someone ELSE is always responsible for our f*ckups in the U.S. I'd love to have something like donor-cards that say "in event of finding my crashed body on side of road, DO NOT resuscitate me, just send via cab to hospital for organ harvesting." Then I'd be in favour of repealing helmet-laws.

How about a law that says if you are involved in any dangerous activity, such as motorcycle riding, horseback riding, mountain climbing, bike riding, skateboard riding, sky diving, down hill skiing, ect..... and you do not wear an approved safety helmet you are liable for all health care costs (through insurance if your insurance company will cover it), and if you don't have the ability to pay them health care providers can refuse to give you care?
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote