View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2016, 05:19 PM   #81
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I ran the bike on the dyno today.

The motor is 282cc with a ported head and ceramic trans bearings. I also have stock cams adjusted to give some lobe separation. Otherwise it is stock

The carbs and ignition settings are from last September. I did not change them before the dyno runs today

At first the engine was breaking up at 7500 rpm. The fuel settings was so rich is was off the scale. It was like 8-10 to1 air fuel ratio.
The carbs had #135 jets. Way to rich.
I went to 125 and it was much better then I changed to #115 jets. This gave a super smooth pull to 13500 rpm but was still close to 10to1 air fuel ratio.

I did not want to play with it anymore. I suspect it will run very well with a jet number of #108~#111. That depends on the weather in Ohio next month. The important thing to me was the smooth power all the way to the rev limiter.

So with the carbs fat and in fifth gear I went to 10000 rpm and hit the nitrous. The engine responded perfectly going through 13500 rpm and making 43 hp@12500 rpm. The mixture was still rich. Well below 12 to 1 and the EGT was below1100 deg.
The timing was very conservative because of the pump gas.

But all and all it was good. With some minor jetting changes and tuning the nitrous system I know I can make 15 more hp without any trouble.

So now I have to get ready for the Ohio mile in late April
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (125.8 KB, 11 views)

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.