View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

So three days of constant working on gizmo and she is done Well... mostly. Bike is runny 100% and looks great, just missing all its plastics

Started off by painting everything silver, or bare metal, black. I did the headers to stop rust and seal it.

Everything was sanded down first and cleaned before spraying, ended up using 3.5 cans of paint this last weekend just making things black :devious

Then wrapped the headers

All done

Then I painted the headers with a silicone spray that seals the wrap in and makes it last longer

On the bike all blacked out

(I actually pulled the Oil filter off and sanded it down to repaint it flat black to match everything else

Also painted the tripple tree

Did anyone say LED's? :devious

End of night one

All these pictures kinda jumped its timeline throughout the three days but you get the idea.... I cant mount the OEM headlights rght now because my fairing bracket isnt in, and no fairings. I did a lot of wiring tucking so it wouldnt look too shittie without any fairings and honestly I think its turned out pretty damn well. Almost too the point where I wouldnt have purchased fairings if I knew it would have looked so good The headlights where a $40 special from O'reilly lol They actually work well and look kinda cool!!

I painted the can as well, everything but the Yoshi badge is black now!

Ohh, and the LED's are RGB so I can change then to any color I want, and make flash patterns and all the crap. I like green though :2fingerlol:

More to come in a week or two when my fairings come in!!!

Link to original page on YouTube.