Thread: Danmoto Exhaust
View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:50 PM   #307
spc2125
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 10 Ninja 250

Got my danmoto gp exhaust today. Ordered it 4/14.

What a bitchh it was to put on. First off, the springs that attach the supplied midpipe coupler to the danmoto exhaust are practically impossible to put on. Then the bracket thats given has like a 90 degree bend on both sides which need to be straightened out which is also practically impossible. Because I couldn't get the ends to be totally straight, I couldnt put on the silver washer on the outside with the bolt. Also, the rubber protective strip they give to align underneath the bracket is....yup you guessed it... practically impossible to align straight so I threw it aside and accepted the fact I was going to get scratches on it. Lastly, the worm clamp that goes over the midpipe and the oem bike exhaust wouldn't tighten it tight enough to keep the exhaust from moving and the screw ended up breaking. I tried the oem worm clamp and it also wouldn't clamp it down tight enough. So this week/weekend I'll have to go to the auto store and pick up a quality worm clamp.

I wasn't able to ride the bike with the exhaust on because it was raining and almost 10pm but I turned it on and moved it a few feet. Damn this thing is loud. My neighbors are going to kill me.
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote