View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2020, 04:51 AM   #54
Onekallo
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 06 ZZR-250 - 05 ZZR-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Perhaps I should only use word "idle" when it relates to "idle-speed screw". Yes, max RPM, when adjusting mixture-screws. But actual RPM number is not relevant because we don't know what setting of your idle-screw is. When fully warmed up, idle-speed can be 1300 rpms, or 1500 rpms or 2000 rpms. Actual number is not relevant when starting this adjustment, only at end.

1. first, you adjust mixture-screws to give highest-RPM without touching idle screw. So you may start at 1478 rpms, then adjust one mixture-screw and it will vary from 1435 to 1505 rpms. Fiddle to get 1505rpms. Then add 1/8th turn.

2. Then do other carb's mixture-screw and you may have range from 1505 to 1561rpms. Highest speed achieved is 1561 rpms. Then give it 1/8th turn more.

3. Now, finally turn idle-screw adjustment to give 1300 rpms idle-speed.
So effectively if the engine rpm after being warmed up is 1300 +/-, I will

- adjust the mixture screw of the left carb rich or lean until the rpm no longer increases (lets say that value is 1505rpm) and add an additional 1/8 turn out

then

- adjust the mixture screw of the right carb rich or lean until the RPM once again no longer goes any higher (lets say that value is 1580rpm) and add an additional 1/8 turn out

then (and only then)

adjust idle speed screw to give a smooth idle at 1300 rpm +/- (again, as a base setting, where it may over time and conditions need a small minor adjustment, but the enrichener lever will control most of that unless the bike is completely warmed up

I really appreciate all of the help. The knowledge you all have is so great and I am hoping to have great success with this, to not only have a better running bike, but be able to share this knowledge with others as well.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
Onekallo is offline   Reply With Quote