View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2020, 09:18 PM   #60
Onekallo
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 06 ZZR-250 - 05 ZZR-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
That's more typical of what it should do when cold. They don't run well cold if they are tuned properly.

As far as the "choke" goes, I would start it on full, but immediately back it down to where it idles about 2500. Let it sit there for a minute or 2 while you get your gear on, then turn the choke off completely before heading out. It should idle, but not well or at the hot RPM. After normal running for a short period the idle should slowly come up to the proper hot speed as the engine reaches operating temp.

I never ride off with the choke on. Give it a little throttle when you are stopped if it feels like it needs it, but it should warm up enough after a short amount of time riding normally to stay running without any help.

Ok perfect. This is what I did for the ride home. Already had gear on when I got to the bike. Applied "choke" to get the rpms up, shut choke off completely before taking off. Again still ran high but by the time I even got the short trip straight home done, it was again right at 15-1600 rpm and steady!!

Now to do the 05 tomorrow!!

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!
Onekallo is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.