View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2016, 06:24 AM   #36
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Update
I went to the US FIeld Target Nationals.
It was a lot of fun. I was as prepaired as I could be. And when I arrived in Ennis North Carolina I discovered a problem. I could hit the target(1/4 inch at 25 meters) but out to 55 yards the pellets hit three inches high.

The game of field target is about range finding and then adjusting the scope and hitting a small target from 8 to 55 yards . So missing by three inches is a problem. But what was the problem???. I practice every day for a year and now with one day before the Nationals I have a problem. Panic set in. I checked then adjusted my gun. But it mad little difference.
I adjusted my scope and still was not working.

The morning of the first day was rain . By noon it was raining sideways . Monsoon conditions. Clothing soaking wet. Equipment drenched , just miserable. But the same conditions for everyone. So I was in second place at the end of it. And I talked to some people that helped me.
Ennis NC is at 2600 feet above sea level. I practice at sea level. The coefficient of drag on the pellet is very different. Les air allows the pellet to hold altitude longer. So I was hitting high at long range.
I readjusted the gun and bought new dry clothing.
The next day was beautiful.
We shot a very close competition. Changing leads multiple times during the day. At the end I dropped a couple shots in the last lane and ended the day and the weekend in second place in Open Piston class.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.