View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2017, 12:03 PM   #8
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Your article is actually a contributing reason for me to be planning some sort of motorcycle travel soon.

South America? That could be scary, or at least I've been lead to believe that. I guess careful planning is key. I'll look forward to reading about that trip.

Sorry for the hijack, but at least it keeps bumping your sale post.
Awesome! I love hearing that! I got a fan letter once from a guy who's wife had no interest in riding no matter how much he urged her, and then she read my article in the print magazine and signed up for the MSF course immediately after. From the beginning I've only done this purely for myself, but that kind of stuff really feels special. So thank you! That means a lot

And yep- doing my best to cross all my T's and dot all my I's on that one. But from what I'm told of people who have traveled south, the media way overstates the dangers, and people in these cultures are generally really good and don't mess with motorcycles too much, so I'm hoping for the best. I'll still be extra cautious, of course, but my biggest fears right now are really hoping my FZ (And my dirt skills- or lack there-of) can make it around the roads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBO View Post
^ I know

To the OP, nice bike! I'm sure someone will buy it quick. Speaking of traveling, I'm planning to buy a cruiser and do cross-country. Not as far as S. America, but still exciting to see new surroundings and culture. Good luck on your travels!
Thanks! Definitely do it! I've never met anyone who regretted just going on a trip with their motorcycle. no matter what kind it is. If you can, I definitely recommend camping as much as possible! It's not always the most comfortable, but you'll see way more of the country, and you'll meet a lot more people than you probably would in a hotel- and you meet some of the best people at campgrounds. But either way, no doubt you'll have a blast. It's amazing how vastly different culture in our own country changes from one state to the next