Thread: Bikes & Dating
View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2017, 05:06 AM   #5
MLR
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

My missus doesn't ride, actually she dislikes bikes with a passion, I've had different bikes throughout the years we have been together.

I have always had a car as well though, so my early dating always had a back seat and was good in inclement weather.

Only time she said "get rid of it" was after I got side swiped, the thing was toast anyway (RD350) ended up stripping what parts I could, I ended up getting a nice old 1100 Slab side to replace it.

She isn't happy about bikes, something about not liking me in hospital with "tubes and ****".

We have had a few friends who have ended up dead or injured though due to accidents so I can sympathize with her views.

I still ride though, mainly for commuting to and from work now, though she thinks I should get a cruiser like a Harley or something that is easier on my bad back, I'm not a fan of Harleys though, over priced and under engineered, I don't mind the M109R though.

In the end she just says I'm stupid and deals with it.

I'm looking to replace the little ninja soon, old school sports or muscle, I'm sure she won't be happy when I do, but she is a good woman and will deal with it in her own way, by calling me "stupid", which mostly I agree with anyway.
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.