View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2019, 05:59 PM   #11
Dninja
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

UPDATE

I started with the small things like changing the air filter, draining the gas and adding sea foam. It seemed to help a little but the throttle was still not giving enough power after 1st gear and was causing my bike to shutoff unless I gave the throttle a lot of power..

I took out the spark plugs and noticed the soark plugs that the previous owner put in were not NGK ones, they were infact E3 spark plugs. Could this be causing the loss in power issue and high rpm’s. So i went to my nearest parts store and found The NGK iridium spark plugs and NGK CR8E. When i put in the iridiums and started the bike, I had the rpms moving quite a bit. Only had it started for a few minutes. The throttle response seemed a little better, but even when I revved the bike, the first rev wouldnt catch power as much, but it did seem a little better than before. Took them out and changed to the NGK CR8E’s and the bike was dying when i pressed the throttle even i after i put the choke on for about 2 minutes.

Could it be that I maybe didnt tighten the spark plugs all the way. I had tightened them with my spark plug tool and then maybe twisted it half way once with a wrench and that was it. I just made sure that I couldnt hand loosen them before I put the rubber boot back on. I also noticed there was a black hose that was not attached to anything when I removed the gas tank. I am putting a picture of the hose, should it be like this or should it attach to something.

I just want to enjoy and ride my bike. Maybe I should try to put Iridiums back and make sure to tighten them more?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28E8F228-ABCE-4B09-9EDC-A18E5E461660.jpg (96.8 KB, 9 views)
Dninja is offline   Reply With Quote