View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM   #36
Jim Moore
ninjette.org member

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Ninjette, 98 CBR600, 98 VFR800, 2000 BMW R1100RS, Kymco Movie 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
If someone is bottoming out on the front then I have to assume that they are either way over the weight limit or there is something wrong (broken) with the forks.

I weigh 220# and have been riding my 06 for two years now and haven't bottomed the forks out yet. I've had to do several quick stops and even did an accidental stoppie or two, but I can't recall ever bottoming out on the front. We may not have many twisties, but we do have a fair share of speed bumps down here. I usually hit the speed bumps at twice the speed limit and never bottomed out there either. (Yes, I need to quit doing that, but I can't help myself.)

The headlight will dive when I hit the front brakes a little, but I like that because I use it to wake up pokey cagers.

I did bottom out on the rear when the bike came back down after an accidental stoppie. I suppose the same problem exists for accidental wheelies, but I haven't seen it.
Sorry bro. Nfw those springs are working for you. You're WAY too deep in the stroke. I'll bet you have 60+ mm of sag. You need some springs.