Old April 21st, 2014, 06:40 PM   #21
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Personally, I am comfortable riding at any pace but my favorite is an 8/10ths pace with 10/10ths being my personal limit, or at least where I think the limits are. When I ride alone I blatantly ignore speed limits and regularly double them because I follow what I believe the limits are for me and my bike rather than the arbitrary speed limits set for cars, set too low at that. Now I have had my own mishaps, one of them recently, and the last thing I want to do is to sadden my family/friends with a bad wreck though it is a possibility. I love the feeling of moving quickly, not necessarily fast (which is relative anyway) but quickly enough to really lean the bike over and feel them cornering forces at work. I do not believe that the pace that I ride on the street puts me in inherent danger since I leave a safety cushion for surprises. I do however believe that the pace that I ride would likely make any incident worse, that being incidents which would take effect even at a much lower speed. Examples of that being, animals jumping out and cars cutting me off/hitting me.
in a race, i will sometimes reach and grab for 11 or 12 out of 10. typically results in crashing but damn is it fun up until that point.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.